Monday, August 31, 2009

Summer End Trip

We went to preemie clinic this morning. I wasn't told anything that we didn't already know, I guess. Growth wise, we're in the normal range. Developmentally, we're on track. The "normal" doctor and occupational therapist weren't there today. The doctor that was running things today was Jax's primary physician when he was in the NICU though, so he at least knew us (remembered us, even!). I'd never seen today's OT before, but she was super nice.

I asked about muscle tone, since last time around it was a little low, but she said everything looked good and that if she had to bet, she thinks we have an early walker on our hands. I don't know how I feel about that. (We got a bumbo chair last week and Jax loves it. I sort of hate it because he looks all grown up and old, sitting in that chair by himself.)

Josh, Jax, and I took what is becoming our traditional end of summer trip to Lakeville to go to the MN State Fair. Our friends, Mike and Brandy, came with us to spend the day eating all the deep fried food we could handle. Jaxon stayed with Grandma Linda for the day (thank you, Linda!) so we didn't have to try and maneuver the stroller through the giant crowd. We did discuss how, next year, we could use the stroller for the grown ups though, after 7.5 hours of walking and standing on the fairgrounds! Jax had a good day with Grandma, and we had a good day at the fair. Hopefully, next time, I'll be able to post a scanned version of the old time photo we took. Josh has even agreed to take one sometime with Jaxon (imagine how adorable he would be in cowboy boots and a hat!!!).

It was a good way to finish off our summer ~ deep fried food, friends, family, and a quick trip to Sonic! (Fargo SO needs a Sonic!)

No comments: