Friday, August 14, 2009

More Water Baby-ness

My parents were on vacation at the lake this week and since it was going to be super hot out, I had planned on going to visit for a day ~ plans changed and Jax and I decided to go down Thursday afternoon and spend the night. Jax had his first real swim in the lake and in the pool that Grandma Linda got for him. He really didn't mind being in the lake...until I got him wet up to the middle of his chest. That wasn't so much fun for him, but standing there with his toes in the sand and about knee deep in water is just fine with him! These sunglasses used to be Tanner's! Does that make them antiques?
"Skippydipping" in the pool from Grandma Linda. Grandpa Scott dug out an old lifejacket that worked out to be pretty versatile ~ we used it as a chair and as a floaty.

Jax swam in his pool until he was exhausted. And by exhausted, I mean, he got pretty crabby. So he cuddled with uncle Tanner :)
Before the skippydipping party
He even had his own tiny beach ball!
Post-swimming. Exhausted baby.

This was the reaction I got after I put him in the water so it was mid-chest.
I tortured him by making him SIT in the lake. I am working on being the meanest mom ever ;)

No comments: