Thursday, January 22, 2009

Heartbeat :)

So last post I mentioned that we(I) had gotten a fetal heart montior/listener. I got it in November after seeing one on a website of baby stuff. I was fascinated by the thought of being able to hear the baby's heartbeat whenever I wanted to.

When I got it, I was convinced that it would work right away since the doctor had been able to find a heartbeat so easily. Who cared if the back of the box said that it works best when you're 22+ weeks along? Who believes what the box says anyways? I got all amped up and believed that it would work right away and was sort of disgusted when it didn't. I contemplated returning it but wasn't quite ready to give up hope that it would work.

It finally reached the point where I was past the 60 day or whatever window that I had to return it in. Good thing it was cheap.

I've been messing with it once a week or so, hoping that it would magically just work. Imagine my surprise when last night it pretty much did magically work. Usually there was a lot of other noise and I knew that (according to the directions) the heartbeat would be quieter than the rest of the sounds that I heard. Last night there was no other noise but the heartbeat. It was crazy. Granted, maybe I'm just easily entertained, but I giggled when the baby kicked where the monitor was and the thing jumped. I think it was a protest.

So today, I recorded the heartbeat to my laptop but am sad that I can't post it to our blog. Instead, I just emailed it to some people.

No comments: