Monday, January 19, 2009

A day of baby stuff

Yesterday was a fairly productive day. I guess we're going to redo the shelving in the closet in the baby's room and so we spent a good amount of the day looking at various shelving ...types? Units? Whatever they're called. I think we've decided on shelving (now I just need to move the boxes of books out of the closet....) and then Josh can install it. I'd offer to help, but it involves power tools and he gets a little nervous when I start messing around with those or anything sharp. I am pretty sure that I've also picked the paint colors for the room, I just need to get slightly different versions of the ones that I had chips for after we found bedding and stuff later in the day.

My parents stopped by with the rocking chair. I've test drove it a couple times since they dropped it off and haven't slid off it yet! ;) I will have to post a picture of it because I'm pretty sure that it's my one of my favorite pieces of furniture that we own.

After my parents left, we went in search of crib bedding. No small task in this area. It wasn't made any easier by the fact that I sort of knew what I was looking for and just couldn't actually find it. As we were shopping, it dawned on us that my parents were in town and could very well be shopping in the same store and happen upon us while we were looking at anything gender specific. Good thing most stores smoosh all their baby stuff for both genders together. We just had to walk that middle line.

Just shopping for that stuff was an adventure in itself: Josh says "all baby stuff is so.....froofy." I don't exactly disagree. The only bedding he liked had Looney Tunes on it and I'm pretty sure he only liked that because it had Taz on it. Eventually we found some stuff elsewhere that we both agreed on.

Since we haven't taken our Pack N' Play out of it's box yet, we sort of test drove the one at Burlington. I'm pretty sure I looked crazy, dragging it out into the middle of the aisle and messing around with all the stuff, but oh well. At least I didn't go in search of a doll or something to use in our test drive!

Awhile ago, out of curiosity, I picked up a fetal heart monitor thing. It sounds fairly medical, but really it's a cheap version of the doppler that the doctor uses to find the baby's heartbeat. The one that we have, has the capability of recording the heartbeat to a computer. One of these days, now that we've been able to determine heartbeat from all the other random noise, I will have to record it to post.

No comments: