Saturday, January 31, 2009

Expanding My Wardrobe

Whoever designs maternity clothes is blind in at least one eye, I'm pretty sure.

I was on a mission today, completely unrelated to clothes for me, when I figured that since I was in Burlington without Josh I could just as well look through their maternity clothes. I'm not buying pants until I absolutely have to, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if they had any cute shirts.

I would much rather shop for swimsuits, even though that's pretty hard on the ego. This was worse. I felt like I'd happened upon a garage sale of really ugly tents and thought it would be fun to try one or six on. I also learned that, apparently, pregnant people like ruffles and crap like that on their sleeves. Gross. Almost all of the shirts I tried on were so tight in the arms that I am pretty sure if I wore them for more than an hour, my hands would go numb. In shirts like this, you resemble a beached whale with sausages for arms.

Eventually, I left there with 2 shirts of the same style, just different colors. Basically, they're t-shirts.

I figured it couldn't get much worse if I stopped at Old Navy (I was pleased to find that their clearance stuff is all 50% off, which made the ego thing hurt less). There, I didn't feel like I was trying on various ugly tents, at least. Still didn't find anything amazing, but I wasn't really expecting to. I got lucky and found a not completely hideous white collared shirt that will work lovely for working at JoAnn's, since I'm reaching the point where I'll very soon outgrow the white polo that I have been wearing.

I left Old Navy with 4 shirts. My total spending on today's adventure to both stores was $25.

I am not excited at all for pants shopping when it comes to it. I think I shall make Joshua join me in the unawesomeness of that one....then it'll take 10 minutes before we both give up and pick up whatever and leave the store.

1 comment:

Karalyn & Jason said...

Hey!
Thanks for the heads up about the sale, I missed out, but did go yesterday and found a couple really cute shirts for cheap! Gotta love clearance!! :)