Monday, June 27, 2011

Escape!

Last week, while Josh was cleaning up from putting in the sandbox and I was getting dinner ready, Jax escaped through the gate!

I happened to have gone out to tell Josh dinner would be ready in a few minutes when I heard the gate click and asked him if he could see Jaxon. He said no, and I looked around the corner of the house just in time to see him jumping off the bottom step by our front door and heading at a dead run for the driveway. Josh and I both took off after him and by the time we caught up to him, he was at the end of the driveway, jumping in puddles.

We both told him he can't play in the street and when we were done, he looks at Josh and goes, "Oh, Dad. I fine." *And suddenly, I can picture him as a teenager saying something similar to us....*

No comments: