Monday, June 27, 2011

Aquarium/Mall of America

We took Jaxon to the aquarium at the Mall of America and then checked out the Legos this afternoon. Josh and I had been to the aquarium a few years ago and since it is owned by a new company, decided to try it again. Jax was a little crabby and having fish swim over the top of him in tunnels freaked him out. When we got to the end, though, we let him out of the stroller and he wanted to walk back through everything. Until he got to the entrance of the tunnel, that it is. I thought he would love it, as much as he loves fish, but I guess he's a little too little yet?

This mural is made completely of Legos. AMAZING. And to think my brothers and I just built houses and chairs with our Legos... This was Jax's favorite Lego sculpture.

I love the look on his face here.

Walking back through the aquarium...he came to a screeching halt when he got to that doorway into the tunnel where the fish swim over your head though.







I thought for sure that Jax would jump at the chance to stick his hands in the water, but he was not having it.

Having stingrays swim this close to him freaked him out at first, but then he was ok with it. We went into a tunnel to get a closer look at them and he was so excited to tell daddy about them when we came out!



No comments: