Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Discussions and Doctors Appointments

It's only Tuesday and it's already been a good and interesting week.

These are just a FEW of the questions discussed yesterday afternoon at preschool with 4 and 5 year olds.

*Does the baby have a flashlight in there so they can see what they're doing?
*What kind of clothes do you think your baby will be wearing once it's born? (They were NOT impressed when I explained babies are born naked)
*How do you feed the baby now? (This led to an interesting discussion about where belly buttons comes from. After this question, I was expecting to be asked if the baby goes to the bathroom now)
*How did the water that the baby swims in get in there? Did you drink it all? Does that mean that babies can swim?
*Who will teach the baby how to laugh?

We also had to discuss blood and blood drives because there was a flyer up for a blood drive that the church is holding in May. Then we covered how they take the blood out of your arm, why they keep it, how badly you have to be hurt to get blood that's been donated, and the different "flavors" of blood. Flavor was the best word I could think of to explain that blood has types.

Today was my last monthly appointment. I am up 20 pounds since the beginning of this whole adventure ~ that sounds like a huge number and yet not really at the same time, oh well. There was no protesting today when the doctor measured the baby's heart rate, she said that it must have been nap time. She also asked when the last day of school was, and when I told her she said they won't purposely start labor until after then. This leads me to believe that the baby still measures big, but I suppose we'll wait and see. I forgot to ask then if we'll be doing another ultrasound at the beginning of May. My next appointment is the 21st and then after that we'll be at the once a week point.

No comments: