Tuesday, March 3, 2009

80 Days...

Today was my glucose test. The "glucola" (clever name, huh) didn't taste nearly as bad as I imagined it would. Now I just have to wait and hope they don't call me tomorrow. Waiting to have blood drawn was the longest part of my appointment ~ once we'd determined the baby's heart rate was 148 or something, and was head down and measured my belly, I got to go sit and wait for the needle. I forgot to tell them they probably needed to use a smaller needle and I am pretty sure the tech just ran down to the cafeteria and got a drinking straw and stabbed it into my skin ;)

Apparently we're getting closer to this whole having a baby thing, I was sent home with hospital registration forms so that when the time comes, we can just show up. I wasn't expecting homework for at least another month!

This weekend, we are installing ceramic tile in the kitchen and dining room. (I say "we", but really I mean Josh, Mike and Brandy ~ my job is to supervise and look cute.) From Thursday until Sunday sometime, there will be no cooking on a stove. Good thing I have a crockpot! I'm excited for the tile to be done, then all that's left is to eventually rip up the rest of the carpet and put in laminate flooring and then we're done with projects for awhile. I hope. Painting the baby's room doesn't count.

No comments: