Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Snow days

Being a teacher has it's advantages ~ summer break, snow days, etc.

Yesterday was our second snow day (today, our third) this winter. Really, the best part of yesterday's snow, besides getting to sleep in...after a 7am trip to the grocery store... was that the dealership shut down early and so Josh came home for most of the day! We didn't do anything really. He stained the new coffee table and I made brownies, later in the day we played some Xbox. It was nice, nonetheless. Later in the day, Josh shovelled some. As you can see from below we had quite the snow drift!



Today is a boring snow day since it's just me that's home. I was secretly hoping that Josh wouldn't be able to get out of the driveway or the neighborhood til later so that I'd have him home to hang out with again. No such luck. I've done some odds and ends stuff, but it's too quiet to even want to do anything for an extended period of time. I have been entertained all afternoon by the baby wiggling around. There must be gymnastics lessons or something today that I didn't know about....

Rough week ~ school Monday, home Tuesday and Wednesday, school Thursday morning, and home Friday.

1 comment:

Dana.stansbery said...

Do you still have your dogs? Gus is keeping me busy. Every time I sit down to accomplish some sort of homework he manages to find a hanger, pot, or something that is out and throws it at me. Sandy, however, has her Scooby blanket pulled over her again.I agree yesterdays snow day was way better than today! ;)