Saturday, November 17, 2012

World Prematurity Day

Today is World Prematurity Day and so we celebrated by helping out the March of Dimes and painting some bowls for their Bowls for Babies fundraiser.  The last 2 years, I've used this day to reflect on our story and it always makes me a little sad.  Plus, I can never find the right words to say exactly what I want to say.  This year, we focused on the awesomeness that is Jaxon and had a great day together (Daddy had to work). Jaxon was excited to paint bowls "to help all the sick babies."  He was also pretty sure they'd like eating out of his.  I didn't explain the fundraiser part of it, but I'm sure he'd approve.  He also would have painted bowls all day, had I let him. 

 Inside of his bowl
 Outside

 Outside of Mommy's bowl
 Inside


There were so many cute bowls already done when we got there.  I'm excited to see all of them when we go to Bowls for Babies on December 5th (11:00-1:30 at Ramada Plaza Suites, I think tickets are $15 each.  Funds to go the March of Dimes.  Come pick a bowl, and then eat some amazing soups!).

Please, please, please remember that the March of Dimes helped us out and are definately worth your time and money. :)  Without them and the work they've done, there maybe wouldn't be a crazy, talkative, stubborn, healthy 3.5 year old in our household.  We are so blessed.

No comments: