Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick baby :(

Well, we ruined our 9.5 month streak of non-sick baby. Yesterday, Jax woke up with a runny nose. It wasn't so bad later in the day and so I figured that was the end of it.

WRONG!

When he went to bed, his nose was stuffy again and that made it sort of hard for him to breathe normal while sleeping. Around 1 a.m. he was awake and crying. I figured that it would be easier for him to breathe if he was sleeping sort of sitting up, so we cuddled up in a chair upstairs. He could breathe better and finally fell into a deep sleep...until he started coughing so hard he threw up ALL over me, himself, the chair and the floor. (Dear Mom, if I ever threw up on you like that, I'm sorry. Very very sorry.)

I changed clothes and Josh and I got Jax all cleaned up and discovered he was running a decent fever. The rest of the night was up and down. Mostly up and mostly crying. Of course he decided once the sun was fully up that that would be the best time to sleep and so he slept until his doctor's appointment around lunch.

We got to the doctor's office and he was smiling and not crying and friendly ~ everything he had NOT been since 9 the night before. Both the nurse and the doctor said that he didn't act sick. I told them it's like taking a car to a mechanic, it quits acting up once you get in the door. Final verdict : the beginning of an ear infection. (The way he screamed when the doctor touched his ears, I can't imagine how horrible it would have been if he had a full blown ear infection!)Amoxicillin for 10 days and then back to check things out.

He's feeling better now (thankfully) and is a little more like the normal Jaxon... I'm sad our well-baby streak has been ruined, but it had to happen sometime and I'd rather it be something like this than something major.

1 comment:

Dana.stansbery said...

Hope he is feeling better soon!